We are currently seeking an OTA Occupational Therapy Assistant for school therapy services with our team for this school year. We have school districts available in both Indiana and Illinois.
What gets you excited to get out of bed in the morning? What are you passionate about?
Seeing a child achieve a major Milestone? How about being able to implement your creativity and imagination into your work?
At Milestone Therapy we are passionately devoted to Unlock Life’s Potential for our patients, their families, and the therapists that serve them!
Milestone is a multidisciplinary (Physical, Occupational, Speech, ABA) Pediatric Therapy Provider that utilizes Evidence-Based Best Practices in each setting we offer services in – Outpatient Clinics, Schools, and the Patient’s Home. Milestone’s structure is centered around accountability, communication, collective problem-solving, and more!
Milestone Therapy is a therapist-owned, locally managed company. We offer a collaborative environment where everyone has a voice AND the opportunity to grow!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Join Milestone Therapy as an OTA Occupational Therapist Assistant for school therapy today!
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Planning programs involving activities such as manual arts and crafts.
- Providing practice in functional, prevocational, vocational, and homemaking skills, and activities of daily living.
- Coordinate participation in sensorimotor, educational, recreational, and social activities designed to help clients develop, regain, or adjust physical or mental functioning.
- Consult with other members of the rehabilitation team to incorporate programs consistent with the needs and capabilities of clients and to coordinate occupational therapy with other therapeutic activities/orientations.
- Select constructive activities suited to client’s physical capacity, intelligence level, and interest to promote maximum independence, assist in restoration of functions, and aid in adjustment to disability.
- Teach client skills and techniques required for participation in activities and evaluate their progress.
- Design and construct special equipment for individuals and suggest modification of the client’s work-life environment.
- Requisition of supplies and equipment.
- Lay out materials for client use and clean/repair tools at the end of sessions.
OTA License (IL or IN)
1-2 Years of Pediatric/School Experience (Preferred)
Pay is based upon experience
Benefits at Milestone:
Medical and Dental Coverage
Supplemental Benefits Options – Life, Disability, and more!
401k (with Employer Match)
Paid Time Off/Holiday pay
Gym and Technology Allowances
Supportive & Collaborative Work Environment
Mentorship & Opportunities for Growth
Reimbursement – Licensure Dues (wherever you work for Milestone)
Annual CEU Funds
Employee Referral Bonus Program – Increases with each referral!
Much, much, more!
Chicagoland Area, IL/IN
South Holland, IL
South Holland, IL 60473